Ballyholland Contextual Drawing

Do you own land on the edge adjacent to an existing settlement, hamlet, village or town?

If so your land may be suitable for social and affordable housing.

These proposals can be taken forward  either, in the short term, by making a planning application for planning permission under Policy CTY 5 of  PPS 21 or, in the longer term, by making representations to get your land brought into the development limits of the settlement and zoned for social and affordable housing.

MKA Planning are experts in getting planning permission for social and affordable housing and have been successful in getting sites approved under Policy CTY 5 of PPS 21 outside the settlement limits at various villages and small settlements such as  Eglinton, Slaughneil, Tamnaherin, Ballyholland, Portstewart and on two different sites at Swatragh.

Tamnaherin Development
Eglinton Development
Slaughneil Development
Ballyholland Development
Portstewart Development
Swatragh Development (Phase 1)
Swatragh Development (Phase 2)

Policy CTY 5 allows a housing association to get planning permission for up to 14 social and/or affordable dwellings on a site at the edge of the settlement if it can be demonstrated that there is no land available and developable within the existing development limits of a settlement.

Due to our increasing success in getting social and affordable housing approved we are now setting up a new arm of the business – MKA Housing Ltd. to partner with local landowners, housing associations and developers in taking these proposals forward.

If you have land on the edge of a small settlement, hamlet, village or small town please contact the Practice to discuss the feasibility of social and affordable housing on your lands and the various development options. 


Leave A Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.